Sunday, October 21, 2012

Some Disjointed Evening

I heard from some that maybe I shouldn't write about my children so....honestly. "What if they read it one day?" "What if people judge them poorly because of what you wrote?" "Do you really want people to know how wacky your kids can be?"

So, first of all- let's be real. How many people will ever actually read this? A handful? 3 handfuls?
Those same people probably already know me and my kids. They probably already know how we roll. They know we don't often mince words or fake things. The other few people who don't know us- who the hell cares what they think?

The name of this blog is "Easier Than a Tattoo". I've often wanted to get inked but for really stupid reasons. Not because I love body art. Not because I have this image I just need to get burned into my skin. But because you really shouldn't in the world I was raised in. More than "shouldn't; it's actually forbidden. Hence the desire to get one. Again with the "finger to the man" attitude (or in this case-  needle to the Lord). Juvenile rebellion. Silliness. But still.....

So, I decided to write about things that irritate me, bring me immense joy, confuse me, make me laugh, throw me into despair and gloom. It's narcissism at its best. I get it. But guess what, it helps me stay organized in my head and a bit more sane. There's a certain pleasure in writing in a public domain what I really think. Without worrying about criticism or feedback. Being real, even if it elicits disapproval. It's way easier than a tattoo.... and it won't look moronic when I'm a saggy octogenarian.

I have a touch of frontal lobe syndrome (disinhibited) and so often times i will say things that should have probably stayed inside my head. This blog is basically my frontal lobe set free. It may make sense, it may be disjointed, it may just be really dumb, it may be meaningful and touching.

That being said, if you are reading this- please do something technological like "Join" or "Like" or "Follow"....I think i get free shit if you do.


No comments: