Friday, November 9, 2012

Morning musing

This morning I dropped the kids off at school. The doors of the vangina opened and 5 kids fell out. As the doors slowly closed automatically and I turned the corner, I looked back and saw these little people running into school. So excited. So full of energy. Ready to have a great day. Un-caffeinated, un-alduterated, un-medicated (4/5 of them at least) optimism.
Does anyone remember being that way? Before we were tired and jaded. Before we were heart-broken. Before we became neurotic and fearful. Before our egos developed and we became one big pile of need. Before we saw sad and ugly things in the world.
As I drove home in the blinding sunlight, I felt an urge to smoke a cigarette, open the windows and keep driving to nowhere.
Until I get back to that place of running happily into the morning.





No comments: