Thursday, October 11, 2012

Disconnected

One of the many goals I have this year is to be present. Really present. Connected to family, friends, patients, the universe. Feel them deeply. Don't rush through the day disconnected. It's hard. I'm very good at disconnected. I've perfected the facade of being highly functional/competent, when all the while I am just robotically checking off things on my to-do list.
Get married. Check.
Get a higher education. Check.
Pop out some kids. Check.
Work. Check.
Have a satisfying social life. Partial check.
Be involved in childrens life - both emotionally and practically. Quasi-check.

What to do to really feel the waves of the universe?

Meditate? Brush up on a belief in a Higher Power? Do yoga? Drop acid?
All of the above?

Some Thursday night thoughts as I try to find anything to do to avoid cooking yet another meal....

No comments: